Tuesday, February 17

February Update

So sorry its been soooo long since I've updated, but I did warn about this! Well, we are at 28 weeks now!! So much has progressed since December, it's crazy! Let's see, well my baby bump has officially become a baby belly. When I asked my doctor if it was normal to continually be gaining such weight, he reminded me that "well, there is a baby growing in there!" Funny how I kept staring at my stomach for so long just waiting for it to grow and then one day I woke up and I couldn't see my toes! Nuts.

I am so happy because I was thrown a seriously FABULOUS baby shower last weekend in Tampa by Lola's "Fairy Godmothers", Monica, Rami, Amy, Tia Ramona, Christine and Mom. It was so beautiful I can't get over it. The attention to detail and the adorable Princess theme of black, white and pink was so cute it was crazy. The room was decorated for a princess for sure! It was so amazing to have all those women surround me to celebrate little Lola-to-be. Needless to say, I was choked up well before I even got to the shower. And needless to say, Lola doesn't have clothes, the girl now officially is sporting a wardrobe.

Harrison and I were able to make it down just in time for Nino's Surprise 30th birthday thrown by Amy and the folks. It was an AWESOME party! The food was great, the band was awesome but my favorite part of all of it was definitely dad and Nino singing "hot,hot,hot" and dad officially ending the night by throwing Nino in the pool!

Ok so back to baby updates. We just saw the doctor yesterday and he assured us that all looks well and that she is growing at a great rate! She's kicking me like crazy now and I never get over it. The best part now is that I can actually see my belly move when she does it. Absolutely surreal.

Harrison and I are doing really great. He's been such an amazing person through all of these changing months, moods, growths, etc!! He really has made this process much easier on me. I am really thankful I've been blessed with such a spectacular man to share this experience with. Ok, sorry for the incessant mushiness, I am preggo, hormones come with the territory!

I also want to mention, mom, that I am really proud of how strong you are being during your tough time. For those unaware, my mom has found out that she has a form of breast cancer. The good news is it is totally operable and all signs point to a very good future and positive outcomes. However, it doesn't mean its easy for her, but you'd never know it from talking to her.

Mom, you are, without a doubt, a serioulsy "tough cookie". Between taking care of all of us, you are managing to handle a difficult situation with strength and a continued smile on your face. You have so many people near and far that love you, want the best for you and are here for you. Mom, you have touched so many people's lives in a major way and now you get to see that impact returned to you when you need it most. I love you so much.

1 comment:

  1. Beebs:
    I am so proud of you! The pics and the blog looks great! You should put a newer pic of you and your belly. You are still tiny but at least now you look prego! Anyway, just wanted to drop a line and say hello! I am so excited for Lola and the opportunity to be a God-mother. I am truly honored! I love you (and your little family) deeply! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete